Wednesday, December 16, 2009

U-turns


Jam-packed. That's how it was this morning when I attended the first day of misa de gallo in our local parish.

Last night my sister told me that they will be attending the mass. I told her that it would be very crowded. I suggested that she should just stay home because she is pregnant. But her insisting made me think a little farther. I don't like being in the crowd because of a bad experience. I had been in a stampede. It was frightening and traumatic. I don't want my sister to experience that kind of situation.

This morning, I was awakened by the early Christmas greetings of our City Mayor, Fernando Q. Miguel. There was a roving truck playing a Christmas jingle with his message. I rushed to the church to catch the mass. The churchgoers encompass beyond the walls up to the side gates. But the calm atmosphere made me pass through the crowd easily during Holy Communion.

After the mass, I met my sister with Wing-wing near the church bell. There City government and SOCOTECO-I sponsored the coffee and chocolate drinks. We partake of the drinks while we chatted about the experience of being in the first day of 'simbang gabi'.

Often, I get caught of refusing to do something good. I'm only thankful that God allows U-turns. He calls us but we negate His will only to find that it is the best thing to do. Our faith can move mountains. Nothing is impossible. When we persist in doing good and for the right motives, we can't go wrong.

This Christmas, it is my prayer that peace and love will reign in our hearts. May justice prevails to those victims of Maguindanao massacre. Let's welcome this Christmas season with hope. Nothing escapes from the hand of God. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: