Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Experience of a stranger turned friend

I was new to Kidapawan when I came there because of my work. As a tourist-at-work, the mirth that I felt was invigorated more by knowing somebody who at first was a complete stranger. From our conversation, I have discovered that she is a believer of Christ. I felt at home talking to her. She is a widow and the feeling of being helpless was the topic of her stories. She told me of her past and of how God played a very important part in her life. God provided everything for her family, who lost the "post" of their home. She shared to me how the verses she had kept in her heart and mind made her day to day life enduring. She mused that having no husband is a difficult situation and looking for somebody to love is so crucial. I asked her why and she responded that her children would not approve of that idea. Doing so would mean losing the respect of her children. It is in Filipino culture that getting married after losing a partner is not so acceptable. What struck me much is the belief she held in her heart, that is believing in Christ, that Christ will be there in all life's adversities. This has increased my faith and I felt the lightness in my heart. I am hoping that I too could copy her strong belief and let God lead my way with complete trust. From her, I learned the 3 verses from the bible, those are Jeremiah 33:3, John 14:1 and Psalms 46:1. I will surely keep and remember these verses dearly in my life.

No comments: