Thursday, May 14, 2009

Philippine National Election in 2010

May 11, 2010 is Philippines' next National Election. That's only less than 365 days off. A lot of people, most especially the younger generations are interested to join various campaign for a clean and honest election because of the past experiences that elections were stained with different forms of cheats: vote buying, flying voters, "dagdag-bawas" (subtract-add) and dead people voting, etc. Various complaints had been raised regarding these schemes and the voting population now-a-days are aware that these things are happening during election.

I am happy that many young voters are active in really watching their votes for this coming election. They have been aware too of their right of suffrage. Such right could mean another six years of agony if the wrong officials will be elected.

I love my country and I'm proud to say that I'm Filipino. I do hope that all corruption and red tape will be curbed. This could only happen if everybody will do his share; to be vigilant and vote with conscience. Philippines is a great country, I can boldly say. Let it not be ruined by people who are evil in their ways especially during election.

No comments: