Saturday, February 6, 2010

Then came Angelo


I

I was so excited coming home this morning. I was eager to see Angelo, my first nephew who just came to this world just a week ago, last Saturday. When I left home for work last Sunday, I was anxious that the weekend will come soon. That was really my feeling. I haven't been to my destination but I wanted to go back already. There were thoughts that I wanted to file for leave of absence just to be with Angelo but that was a stupid idea I thought. I was worried when the doctor said that he will be given a dose of antibiotic because his birth was delayed for several hours. He might get infection according to the doctor. He was crying every now and then last week. It was so depressing. Nevertheless, I just prayed. In this kind of situation, I need to be strong as well as my family. I learned that in time of depression, I need to be brave to survive. When I asked my sister through text, I was relieved knowing that Angelo did well. Seeing him strong and well this morning makes me really smile. He's so cute with his dimple. His skin is fair and hairy. His nose looks like my father which is good because Papang has a high chiseled nose. His eyes look like his Daddy Roger. Mamang said his broad forehead looks like hers.

Angelo's presence gave us feeling of happiness. His cute smile amazes us. The moment he opens his eyes, it makes us wonder what he is seeing. I can always think of how miraculous life is the moment he's in my arms. With his coming, it gives us once again the opportunity to dream big and makes big plans. Giving him a name Ernesto Angelo makes his Lolo feel proud and fulfilled. Indeed, God gave Angelo to spark in us that His promise of hope never ends. Life evolves and will continue from generation to generation.

No comments: