Monday, December 1, 2008

Glad I’m Alive!



Life is precious. I cannot put in on or off. It is irreversible!

I was born in 1976, year of the dragon under the zodiac sign of Sagittarius. According to astrologers, Sagittarians are fun-loving, philosophical, intellectual, straightforward and expansive. Some of these traits are true because I am very optimistic.

When I was young I was inquisitive. I threw many questions to my mother. She always had answers. When I asked her about events in the past she would tell me, "That happened when you were still water or soup." I always believe my mother because she is a retired elementary teacher. But sometimes she gets tired of answering my questions. There was this incident I will never forget. I am used to see chili pepper as red. When I saw a yellow one during a birthday party preparation of my younger sister, I asked my mom, "What's this color yellow? She answered me, "That's "kutitot", the sweetest pepper on earth. I got a piece of it and bit. Indeed, it was the "sweetest" pepper I've ever tasted that I cried because it was very hot! My mother gave me sugar to defuse the sensation.

It was a bitter experience. I accused my mother of fooling me. But she said, "I told you that it was the sweetest but I never told you to take it." Well, I took it literally. She was rhetoric when she said that. It was a learning experience for me.

I realized there's a lot to learn in life. I can FEEL a lot of emotions-happiness, sorrow, excitement, frustration, joy, disappointment, etc. I can TASTE a lot of flavors-sweet, hot, spicy, bitter, etc. etc. I can SMELL a lot of odors-fragrant, pungent, sweet, fresh, odoriferous, foul etc. I can HEAR a lot of sounds-music, noise, loud, soft, pleasing, cry etc. I can SEE a lot of views-beautiful, ugly, pretty, magnificent, etc. All experiences, whether good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant are part of life. They say that life is full of ups and downs. I will take everything because it will make me a better person.

Having this capability, I take responsibility for my life. I can hear from other people but in the end I will listen to myself. It's my life. I am born to express myself because my life is a gift for others.

I'm glad that a small drop of water before took its form and having space. I'm glad, I'm alive!


 


 


 

No comments: