Monday, December 1, 2008

With Freddie at Tiana’s






11/30/08

Dear Blog,

I was surprised when Freddie or Jun, my high school best friend called me that he's here. We decided to meet at McGregor so I packed-up and went there but they were closing already. I waited for him in my car then a little later he arrived with cool wheels, Honda CRV. We decided to transfer in EMR but when he got near the roundball, he signaled to the left where we ended up at Tiana's. It was a wonderful opportunity that we got together again after a long time. We chatted about a lot of things, what we've been through and of course the updates of our classmates in high school. We missed a lot of things in the past most especially our group with Tony Juelo as 'gwapings' then. LOL! I wonder who gave us the name but that's how we were known by our classmates in high school because we always hang out together. That's the time when "The Gwapings Adventure" hit the big screen top billed by the hottest trio stars Jomari Yllana, Eric Fructouso and Mark Anthony Fernandez. We're a lot like them as teens in hanging out, always together. Our peers patterned our group to that and rest is history.

High school days were a lot of fun. Jun and I talked about our crushes and what happened to them. Funny how we reminisce those days! 'Twas good that I brought my laptop. We browsed the internet of the whereabouts of who-we-know before in Friendster. We saw their pictures and were surprised of how things emerged from the past.

As we've grown, Jun commented of his receding hairline. I just laugh. He compared that to my being youthful (I'm having a big heart!) I think it's due to the nature of our work because I'm always inside the office and he's in the battlefield.

Jun tried to contact Tony but the latter can't be reached. Perhaps, he's asleep 'coz it was already late. I told him that I tried to text Tony before but he did not answer.

It was my first time at Tiana's and the place is good to chill out. We haven't got inside but I saw through a glass it's modernity in style. One good thing is the wifi internet connection that is accessible wit a laptop. We talked about blogs and I told Jun that I got one. I showed to him this blog that he liked to create one. We browsed some of the blogs I followed. He got struck of the mountain bike of Allan because he's a mountain biker too. The pictures of sceneries in the blogs were fantastic.

We ended up when the crew informed us that they were closing at 12:00 am. We packed up.

I liked the coffee that we ordered. It made me awake 'til that time. As an early sleeper, I can't stand awake that late but with a coffee and a good friend, there seems no end. I got a little later to bzzzzzzzzzzzzz! when I finally got home.

No comments: