Friday, October 10, 2008

Tough Times

My family is experiencing difficulties right now, with the confinement of my older sister in the hospital. Aside from financial concerns, we are disturbed of her condition as she was diagnosed of Diabetes Ketoacidosis resulting to metabolic imbalance affecting nerves and microcirculation. She exhibited pre-coma conditions. Fortunately, she was transferred to another hospital in Gen. Santos City where she was examined and treated immediately. After few hours, she regained consciousness and was able to communicate with us. We were surprised of her recovery. We were informed that there were some mistakes the way she was handled in the previous hospital, perhaps due to limited knowledge of the former doctor about her condition. However, such practice was so disappointing. I could think a lot of things and persons to blame. That includes my sister who was not responsible for her actions when we were informed that she ate the prohibited foods relating to her disorder. But blaming wouldn't help.

Tough times come when you least expect it. What hurts me most is the fact that my senior citizen parents have been disturbed. But parents are parents. This has made me proud of them because when they should be enjoying their later years, they are still supportive to us particularly to my sick sibling. I pray that God will continue to touch their lives because without them, who will give the same care only parents can offer?

No comments: