Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Moving to a new workplace


It is sad to leave my present function. I have loved my work and the people around me. Although I knew about the special order of my new job, the thought of leaving sank in just this midday when I was told by my supervisor that I will be taking a new post in our Regional office. Whenever I bumped somebody in the office, they would speak to me not wanting me to go. I was really touched. How we wished that I could be with them until the Christmas Party on December. I talked to Ma'am E and the need of one branch is immediate. I was requested to hasten my turn-over of duties and responsibilities and the necessary things that go with it.

When I was aboard the A Car while going to one of the branches, I felt a sense of sadness. I will never pass this way again. I will never ride this car and soon I will be leaving my security guards and my driver. They were my companions for more than two years and they have been very supportive to me. They were obedient to my instructions and they have shown great concern.

Jean, my best friend in the office repeatedly requested that I will make a visit whenever I get the chance. She told me that she will miss our going out during snack time and our camaraderie. I told her the same thing.

I have felt the love of my officemates when they told me about the good memories we have shared, so many great moments together. I will surely miss the travels we had together.

Life is a constant change and it is the only permanent thing in this world. Just like any other re-assignments that I had in the past, I am looking forward to the next chapter of my work with full positiveness. I'm hopeful that my new job will bring out the best of me. I'm eager to work with other people and I will share to them what blessings God has given me.

To my superiors and co-employees, goodbye is not the end. Someday we will all meet each other again at the crossroads. I'm sure we will be glad to reminisce the past. Thank you for all the kindness you have shown. I will always bring them wherever I may go.

No comments: