Monday, November 10, 2008

Wanted: Good People

Yesterday, Friday was a busy day in the bank when a client called up. I was the one who answered the phone with my usual greetings and she was looking for our manager. I told her that our manager is not around so she asked for Ma'am R, our assistant manager. I felt something different but I never mind giving the receiver to Ma'am R. Moments passed, a lady came up to the office showing to us the receipt of her transaction. She narrated that the ATM (I was personally handling.) issued an amount more than she requested. When I heard it, my heart beat fast with a thought that an error might have occurred. What if it happened to previous transactions? I stayed calm and immediately called our monitoring team to give the information. We were thankful that our depositor was concerned and returned the excess cash. We rushed to the machine to check it. I performed the necessary operation and had determined that the machine is indeed experiencing an error. In the afternoon, when I accounted for the transaction, I was surprised that the amount returned tallied with the counters. What a great relief! If all clients were like the honest lady, there will be enough peace on earth. With this, I encourage all my readers to give out the same following. A good deed is never wasted. Sooner or later it comes back to you.

No comments: