Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today is the start of Munato Festival






Dear Blog,

I was awaken by the alarm of my phone at 5:45am. That's what I set to meet the time of our parade - 7:00am. Huh! Dexter, my new friend and boardmate was not around. He was so kind to share with me his clean restroom for take taking a bath and uh, daily elimination of body waste. So, this morning I had to use the common toilet for the boarders. I had to survive the stench of human waste. I took a bath in an open area where there's a faucet. I just borrowed a pail and dipper from Sheila, my former boardmate in Gen. Santos. It was cold.

At 6:45am I was ready to go to our assembly area, in the "bibingkahan" near the capitol area. We did not go to the Municipal Hall where the parade started because it was far and tiring. We still have work after the parade. When the parade reached us where we waited, we just inserted and joined the stretch of people.

We did not attend the program where Noli de Castro, the Vice President, was the speaker. We went immediately went to the office and had our free breakfast and went to work.

Though it takes certain degree of effort to start a day, I'm still amused to think that it's Munato Festival, a time to relax and enjoy. If not for work, I would visit the fair booths and check what are being offered. The program might be interesting to attend to. I want to listen to the Vice President and see him in person. But my stay here is for a different purpose. It's business first before pleasure. Anyway, there's still tomorrow.

'Til the next...

No comments: